Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life's Little Annoyances

I have a DVR from Comcast. I also enjoy Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The show used to be on during the day on SpikeTV and somewhere back in the day I added it to the list of series subscriptions to record. Very briefly after that the show disappeared from my drive and from the daily SpikeTV schedule. Or so I thought.

Turns out that at 2am when the guide I get from Comcast says "shop at home" there's something completely different on: DS9! And here's a situation that the DVR is born to serve, show on in the middle of the night. But, it won't record it because the guide says something else:


Interestingly SpikeTV doesn't appear to be confused:

and, even more interestingly, Comcast doesn't appear to be totally clueless either:


So isn't this swell, I have to be the dweeb to call Comcast and complain because my box won't let me DVR my Cardasians and Bajorans. What do you want to bet the guy asks "Sir, is this the box in your mother's basement?"

No comments: