Friday, October 31, 2008

Slightly More Polite - Not Much More Useful

I'd read a while back on Consumerist that large companies are watching twitter for their name and then occasionally doing something about it. So I put a link to the "Dorks" post below on my twitter stream along with "Comcast could not be less helpful."

This morning this comment appeared with the post:

Hello David,

I apologize for any frustrations we caused. Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems with your guide channel. I'd be happy to assist in getting this matter resolved. Please email us at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com.

Regards,
-snip-
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
Which is unexpected and kinda useful. I emailed them a link back to the "Life's Little Annoyances" post, and then I got this:
Good Afternoon David,

I apologize for any issues you have experienced while using our DVR and On Screen Guide. We receive this information from a third party. The programming times, lineup and detail can change without notification or enough time to update our guide. You are correct; ‘booting’ the box will not correct this issue. We are continually working with our third party and our own teams to prevent these types of experiences from happening. I will share your feedback, blog and experience with additional members of our team for further review. If you have any further questions, or if I may offer any additional help, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

-snip-
Comcast Corporate Office
Comcast Customer Connect
Which is cool because they cop to the fact that the earlier advice about unplugging will have no effect. It does sound a little grade school when they say this is a problem with a third party, but I guess the we'll look into it tone is alright. Although I think I would feel much better about it if along with the I apologize and it's not our fault they also said please accept this $10 credit toward next month's service as a token of goodwill.

A man can dream can't he?

No comments: