Saturday, November 17, 2018

Ellipses...

This writing every day thing is a real commitment.  Looking back I have not the faintest idea how I ever did it...  These governors races were never really looking like they were going to come out blue, even with all the extra-curriculars...  We had a half dozen toddlers over for a movie night tonight.  It's the rare evening activity that everyone can go home and then still have time to go out after - although I didn't (but Mrs. Tanbi did)...  Some of these stories coming out about Facebook might very much encourage me to drop Facebook...  I think part of the reason it has been so difficult to write is that I've become monumentally gun shy about writing around politics.  I should probably get over that.  It's not like there aren't links to older posts here...  The Pittsburgh HQ2 bid was released to the public yesterday.  It's actually a nice esteem boosting read for Yinzers.  And not getting the business might not have been a bad thing anyway...  I read an article yesterday about the most recent UN climate report.  That sort of thing really makes me wonder about how to prepare for the future...  I'm currently watching the Penguins get shellacked on a 90" projection screen in the living room.  The projector is being driven by a Roku.  The Roku is passing a signal from a Slingbox, and the Slingbox is passing a signal from the cable box.  Somewhere in the middle of that is my phone, but I'm not sure it is actually doing anything.  That's a lot of technology to see your team get beat...  Please, please someone in Florida do something about the election management in Broward County before they get in the news again...  Nissan stopped making the xTerra.  That's too bad.  I liked the xTerra...  When my students make the switch from email to text all in I think I am going to have difficulty making the change.  I'm all about he email, but I don't think I want my phone to chime every time I get a work message, and I'm also uncertain I don't want my phone to chime when I'm getting a non work message.  I'm going to need a dual number phone...  The only place there was snow left today were the places I had piled snow clearing it yesterday.  I probably should have just left it...  

No comments: