Monday, August 17, 2020

Ellipses...

 I took a week off.  Did you miss me?  Tell the truth, you didn't even notice I had stopped...  We had a work meeting today about coming back to work.  I didn't leave the meeting feeling much better about it than I did going in.  Not a whole lot worse either...  Screw the wireless.  We've had enough.  I am running Ethernet upstairs...  The light on my bike doesn't appear to me to be doing much good.  Thankfully I haven't been riding in the dark...  I listened to the first night of the DNC.  I don't miss the stuff that isn't there (although I would if I were trying to sell them scenery)...  The "crowdsource" class has a name: "And One More Thing."  If we do it again in the Spring maybe I'll call it "And One More One More Thing."  Or maybe not...  The median net worth of an American family is less than $100,000.  The median net worth of Congress is more than $500,000.  Maybe there's something there that needs fixing...  MSNBC cut off Billy Porter singing.  Guess I'll need to find it on YouTube...  UNC - Chapel Hill reverted to 100% remote classes after only one week of school.  The 2020 version of "The Old College Try"...  I finished "Tales From the Loop."  It looks like there's a new season of "3%."  Maybe that'll be next...  Finding a ride in my neighborhood that doesn't include climbs would consist of riding in a circle in front of my driveway.  And even that isn't totally flat...  The boy went back to Camp Corona today.  We've got maybe three more weeks until school starts for the fall.  We're still waiting to find out exactly how that will work, but we're confident we have an infrastructure to handle it.  Fingers crossed...  The announcement came today that Spring production will be remote.  Now we're back to determining what that means for Technical Directors...  I don't think you can paint it more brightly than "If you don't think things can get worse, they can."  Now it just comes down to if people are listening...  Those cube storage things from Target; they're not really intended to mount horizontally on the wall.  Going to have to come up with a modification...  I took the kids for a walk this morning and fully expected that when we walked by the mailbox at Wilkins and Shady that it wouldn't be there.  It was.  Today...

No comments: