Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back to the Scanniverse

Classes being over has allowed me to get back to the "Great Boevers Scanning Project." This time I was doing 1975-1977. Let me tell you, it was very definitely the 70's. Earth tones and bell bottoms were all the rage.

This period is home to one of the seminal David photographs of my youth, captured by the wedding photographer at my Aunt Sari's first wedding. Likely this was not the type of behavior the tuxedo rental shop had in mind when they fitted me to be the ring bearer.









I think the photo from this album I found the most interesting was this one of my Dad, his parents and his brothers.

We don't have a lot of photos of this group. It was nice to stumble on one in our album.









The other day I happened to find this photo of all places on eBay. I was shopping for an exorbitantly priced printer, and along the way typed my last name into the search field to see what turned up.

What did turn up, among a couple of other less interesting things was this Celebrity Picture of my sister. The current bid is $9.99.

That got me thinking.





Now that I've been doing all this scanning, I have a boatload of pictures of my celebrity sister. I wonder what I could get for them. I mean, if an opening night picture could be worth $10, certainly candids of the star in her own element ought to be worth something, right?

I suppose if I do start a celebrity photo business exploiting my sister, I really ought to cut her in. Wouldn't be fair otherwise.

I wonder what I could get for pictures from her wedding? The crass possibilities just seem limitless. Perhaps this is an idea best set aside.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I know, I'm new here and I'm asking questions that might be answered elsewhere in the blog, but who is your sister?

David said...

Jessica Boevers is my sister