Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Parent Post

A little bit for the mom of the missus and a little bit for my dad...

It was my grandfather-in-law's 80th birthday this weekend (is that a relation people specify?). The family was doing a surprise party for him, so we saw them a lot. First we went to a sort of fake out party:

(The photo is not how nature intended. Sometimes photostitch makes me feel like Doctor Frankenstein.)

We all had dinner at the fish market, then said goodbye as if the occasion had been celebrated and duly dealt with.

The next day, the wife went to breakfast with everyone and said goodbye yet again - as if the out of town company were about to take off for home.

That evening, the guest of honor was taken to the country club for what he was told was a Republican Party fund raiser. When he got there he was surprised to find his family and friends in the midst of celebrating his birthday.

Why then is this post also for my Dad? Well, I snagged him some souvenirs from the country club:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happily impressed that you realize the importance of Western PA to the world of golf...not only Oakmont, but the King himself, Arnold Palmer, is a native of Latrobe. Thanks...you made my day.

the elder