Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ellipses...

I have been a bad blogger lately. Captain Bad Blogger... The Autodesk people changed up printing AGAIN... I don't think I had a stake in Italy/France... The cat is away, anyone got good ideas on getting into trouble??? Really, it's not the heat so much as the humidity... My lobster injury still hasn't healed... Here it is the all star break and I haven't followed the Cubs inning one. Probably doesn't matter... Do the painting or the closet??? How can both "Nickel & Dimed" and our current illegal immigration situation be true concurrently??? A little bit I miss the blog sound... In case you weren't paying attention, like me, it is mid July... I don't think I will get to see Melissa this tour. That is a little sad... Today I signed up for four wisdom tooth extractions... Good for the court telling those people they can't re-edit and remarket films on DVD, although that doesn't make Remake by Connie Willis any less a good book... Good for PA in raising their minimum wage. Now if there weren't so many ways around the minimum wage... I think in the end the whole point of the line item veto is to allow everyone to work less - lazy... What kind of a world is it when bio-deisel is $2/gal??? Note to the airport authority, perhaps having the airshow at the airport isn't the best choice of venue - simple for you, rectal itch for the travelling public... An email today annoucing a meeting tomorrow is not really good business... I didn't sleep at all last night... Where can I get a good, high-res elevation of the Simthfield Street bridge??? Good for the court telling the President that semantics do not a difference make, "enemy combatant" my ass...

4 comments:

Peg said...

OK, I take the bait... it's a wonderful, lower emissions world!

$2/gallon is the Hudson Valley Biodiesel Co-op member price. It's a way of building up some funds for a modest expansion. Not take-over-the-world type stuff, just a bigger processor.

Thanks for asking.

Internet Esquire said...

tqHow would you respond to the position that an expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit would be a much more effective and equitable way of helping the working poor than raising the minimum wage?

David said...

I guess why I was wondering was that biofuel has always been presented as a cost saving measure. If it is over $2/gal it doesn't seem like that will be true for long - as I positted.

Still, the environmental issue is a valid reason to stay with it.

David said...

I don't really know enough about the eitc to make an arguement. I guess one feels more like a hand out - even if they both are.

My objection is more about walking the walk. If you have a minimum wage, but don't index it to either the cost of living, inflation, or the poverty level what you really have is a joke.