Monday, July 02, 2018

Precollege 2018

Today is the first day of class in CMU SOD Precollege 2018.  This year I am teaching Technical Production class and Drafting class as well as serving as coordinator for the DP program.

Here's the whole slate:

It is pretty much the same this year as it has been for the last couple of years.  The biggest difference is that this year's group gets a "Free Period."  We do end of year surveys and for a couple of years the DP students have been complaining that the performance students get a break in their day and they don't.  I've always thought they were paying a whole lot of money to be here and that I should put as much content into their day as I could.  But the opportunity came along this year to create a space, so I did.  We'll see if the end of the year surveys play out differently.

I gave myself a crappy teaching schedule, coming in fairly early and then teaching again at the end of the day.  It didn't occur to me that it was crappy until it was so far along that changing it would have jammed up other people so it will stay as it is.  Maybe I will find a good way to make use of the time in the middle, maybe go to the gym, or prep the whole fall, or write that damn book.

Or maybe do a blog post each day for the whole term.

No comments: