Monday, December 13, 2004

Ellipses...

There is a cat sitting on my list so I can not see it... We have now moved the cat... I had a lovely conversation today about different names for mostly useless crew people: Jack, Jed, Sam & Dramaturgs... I have a book idea that I think now I am not going to use about American imagery from the founding of our country with images of Jesus edited in... Does anyone know how you are supposed to shovel a gravel driveway and not in the process dig up your driveway??? I escaped another end of semester holiday roast unscathed, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... The fall '04 all David's classes honor roll is just about ready for publication... The next ten days or so contains our semester reviews, I have to go buy tequila... Its nice when you give people a chance to improve things for themselves and they take it... In the last week I have watched somewhat depressing documentaries about the space shuttle and the Concorde, have you noticed that in some ways technology is actually going backward??? It is clear to me that in the planning of any home renovation task that the most difficult thing is to find "the line" where the renovation will be stopping... It turns out that flying cats are often sharp... Why is it that registering for gifts is such an ordeal??? I bought a new printer for my office and already I believe my quality of life has improved, its the little things... Only one episode of "The Wire" left for this season, that's really too bad... Your own wedding turns out to be several orders of magnitude more difficult to plan than any other event you can conceive of... Why is it that students will pin work to my door, tuck it in the door handle, slide it under the door, or send it by email rather than just put it in my mailbox, especially when I tell them that I want it in the mailbox??? iPods are cool... A former student of mine is trying to revolutionize the freelance theatre world, jury is still out, it may just be theatre friendster, check out Goodtheatre.org... Trinity appears to have another nameless ailment, this time under her chin (do cats have chins?), I wish I knew more about cats... The more people in your family, the harder it is to plan the holidays... Just when does blog reading become blog stalking??? I love my dots... The book has not grown in over a week now, I believe that constitutes a genuine loss of momentum... Don't even get me started on the other book...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can water the driveway. if it's gravelly enough, the ice won't really foul you up.
R.