Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Turnabout is Fair Play

Methinks that perhaps this will be the end of the Crits thread. I think that besides not electing Bush, this may be the most posted topic.

Since I posted everyone's boards I thought maybe I would post what I have of mine. I looked through the photos I have and came up with three that are representational. I know everyone I ask insists that we critted twice a year back in the day, but I can only find one set of pictures for each year, and each photo has work from the fall and the spring. This is what leads me to believe that we only critted once a year. I suppose I just didn't photograph half the crits I did, or that I've lost the photos - I really don't know.

So here's what I found...

Freshman Year:



So you got projects here from Basic Design, Drafting, Lighting 1, and Tech Production 1. I think one or two of these projects still makes an appearance in current semester reviews. The only thing I can see that looks like it is missing is the toy project, which I guess may have been broken already.

You know, now that I look at it I suppose it is possible that this is one semester. I am sure I would have had the fire hydrant out, and I don't see the toy or Cletus' event project, as well as a drawing to music I know we did. Of course a few of those projects sucked...

Sophomore Year:



Here's one from Sophomore year. Stage Design, Lighting 2, Tech Production 2, Welding, and a class called "Art & the Computer." If you look closely on the left you can see an IBM PC/XT used for that class. There are also drawings and photos from the first show I TD'd in this round. This must be a fall only as well as I had nothing to show from the second semester of Stage Design, and I would have been taking AutoCAD and I don't see anything from that class either.

The highlight of this board has got to be the costume renderings for "No Exit" and "Volpone." An artform I never attempted again.

Third Year:


I have to call this "Third Year" because I think it would have been my Junior year had I not spent a year in the Physics department prior to coming to Drama. Turned out that the one year in MCS was enough units to fill in for all the electives I would have taken in four years. So while this was my third year in the department, it was also my fourth and final year at the school.

The only class here I can identify for sure is Lighting 3. I believe that's a plot for "Cabaret" in the Kresge. The binder there would be from Dick's Arch & Decor class.

Know what, I'm wrong, this is the spring following the last photo. That would explain the welding final on the table and the Greg Bell class I can't identify. The lighting projects in Lighting 3 were in the Benedum and I don't see any of those. The musical must have been the second semester of Lighting 2 (Lighting 3 was opera, ballet, rock & roll, and industrial - none of those here).

Hmm. Guess I have some pictures to find.

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

We MOST DEFINITELY critted twice a year. I think that was because if we had critted only once, we'd have imploded.