Sunday, December 05, 2004

Keep your head up

I've been hearing on Air America some of the details of the Bush nominees to replace the officials who have been resigning. In most cases its about how truthfully dreadful they are, and how it won't matter because the confirmation process in the congress won't make a bit of difference. So, on the whole, bitter and cynical radio - just like me.

Peg cross-posted an article from New York Newsday in her blog the other day. I am cross-cross-posting it (double-cross posting? re-cross-posting?) You should read it:


Its a sort of home town introduction to the gentleman President W has set up to be our new Director of Homeland Security. I also have to say that Peg is not the only one I have heard complain about the title for that office. And to all the complainers, I concur. In fact, I believe that when written it should always have to be huge and bold, and it would help if we all heard menacing music in our heads too. How long can it be until the folks in that office decide it is easier to refer to the Secret Service as the "SS"?

Anyway, I am uncertain there's much anyone can do about it. I'm never one to rave "Write your congressman!!!" But I think it can't hurt to know these people's pedigree, if only to be less surprised when they continue to do everything they've been doing all along. So keep you head up.

No comments: