Wednesday, December 29, 2004

What's on Your Fridge? II

Well, home for the holidays and Mom's refridgerator made me feel like a total fridge poseur:


I guess I have a lot to learn about fridge art. Unless someone asks specifically I don't think I'll go through the motions of identifying each of these items.

Interestingly, being home and thinking about this precise topic lead me to the following conclusion; in some ways, refridgerators are like year-round, secular Christmas Trees. I only say that having walked through not one but two rooms with (what in our house must be called) holiday trees all decorated before coming upon this refridgerator that so puts my own to shame.

Anyway, if I'm lucky maybe the next time I see this fridge there will be a printout of this blog in that empty space in the lower right corner.

1 comment:

Peg said...

I'm not so much feeling like a fridge poseur as I am so very jealous of your mom's gorgeous countertops and the warm wood of the cabinets!

I liked your thoughts re: the fridge being a sort of year-round, secular Christmas tree. I had the same sort of feeling when I looked at mine; it's full of stuff but I hated to take it down and start over. It says something about who we are and what is important to us, whether pragmatic (those menus and coupons) or personal (photos of loved ones) or humorous (the Critsmas poem, or the tuba article on our own fridge).