Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ellipses...

Yesterday's post needed "start" and "finish" entries for each item, then it would look much more possible... I wonder why we're not hearing from governments that they would like to give us back the windfall gas tax profits they're getting... I can't tell if parking next to a tented dumpster with "asbestos removal" danger tape on it should make me nervous... Moussaoui is not Bin Laden, he's more the their towel boy... I think the font on my CV is too big, but the people getting it are always complaining I make the text too small... Just why is it that deporting 12 million people is so impractical, certainly the guy that saw them pour the first truck of fill on the Boston Back Bay thought that was impractical... If it goes below freezing tonight I am definitely registering a complaint, as soon as I figure out where it goes - other than here... I think that when someone advertises something on the TV, say like cable, they should have to tell you the price after the introductory deal with just as much energy as the price during the deal... I have now purchased four different, and differently tasked, items to try to deal with seasonal allergy congestion... You can't imagine my shock when I discovered that "decider" actually was a word, damn... Anyone got any good and inexpensive ideas on digital archiving of say 100 C and D sheet hand draftings??? I got an email today trying to sell me the guide book for Acad2K7, personally I think we were fine at AcadR14. Too many updates...

5 comments:

Katy said...

do the architecture or (margaret morrison) design departments have large format scanners you could borrow (or send a TA to use)?

David said...

There's a guy over to Mellon Institute that says he can't scan them but could digitally capture them.

I'm gonna test that out.

Anonymous said...

For archiving, assuming the guy at Mellon can't:

I. (free, but slow) Donate to the Library of Congress. Eventually they will scan them and post them.

II. (free, possibly quick) Convince your local Oce dealer that you want to test out the performance of their scanners in house.

III. (sorta costly, fast) You can probably find a friendly Kinko's like place that will scan them for something like $1 or $2 a sheet.

IV. (slowish, not too spensive) See if any alumni have access to a large format scanner (*cough*Auses*cough*), and might be willing to do the work for some small fee.

David said...

Kinkos - like $3/SQUARE FOOT

Yuck!

That'll make you LDs rethink those crazy E-Sheets!

David said...

As long as we're coughing, do you think there's any chance that office wants to upgrade their scanner and donate their old one as a write off?

hmm...