Thursday, December 13, 2007

And So It Begins

Fall Semester Reviews began today. I tweaked the format again this semester, so we started with a grad jumble. It made for a long day, but I think people liked it. The crits were good. The shoes... decide for yourself.

We begin with Joel...

... there is a distinct possibility I nodded off for a moment during his presentation or the faculty response. I apologize of course. I guess I should spin it like "my confidence in Joel is so high that I don't even need to pay attention." Lame.

We move on to Julie...

... the consensus is that Julie stopped caring if people are happy with her and just started to tell them what they need to be hearing; and I say "Good for her." I managed to stay awake for her whole pitch: "Good for me!"

Morning shoe winner:

Noelle

The afternoon session featured Steve...

... I told Steve it's like he's driving nails with a wrench, tightening bolts with a screwdriver, and driving screws with a hammer. Yeah, I don't know what it means either.

And Yi-Lin...

... who explained to us she was over her fear of talking to people on the phone, and also that she had written two 10 page papers. Well done.

Afternoon shoe winner:


Jen

That's all for today. I didn't even get to use my saw. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jessika Anne said...

Why do I always look like ass when you take pictures, Boevers? I think your camera must have an "ugly" function...or maybe I need to relearn how to dress...or something. Yikes!