Monday, December 03, 2007

New Project?

So today I spent some time going through catalogs tearing out pictures for Mrs. TANBI. She is really struggling with ideas for holiday gifts. Turns out I just really don't want anything we can afford - who knew?

While I was paper window shopping I came across a couple of items that may just be the next home projects. First we have a fairly cool storage system:

I think if I did it I would just do one bank, for our front hall. This looks real simple. Maybe I'll even try to do it here instead of in the shop. That'd let me finally unbox my pneumatics.

And next we have a fairly clean and simple make-up table:

The missus has been looking for such a thing and this would fit the bill nicely I think. Actually, I think Norm did one on New Yankee Workshop. This one is a little more modern, and wouldn't require me to buy a lathe. Although maybe that's a reason to do the other version.

Usually my problem is that I go to select gifts for other people and wind up buying things for myself, but today I guess I went looking for things for me and found at least one thing for someone else. I'm all backward. Oh well. Could be worse. The makeup table could be for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the mahogany storage unit. It makes me jealous that you have the skills to just build something like that on your own. For those of us without such skills, you wouldn't happen to have a link to the merchant from whence you got that picture, would you?