Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ellipses...

I should read High Fidelity. Ok, I should just read... Was anyone surprised that when the intelligence said there was nothing to be concerned about the firt thing these guys said was "well, you can't trust intelligence"? Asshats... I spent all day today doing a Powerpoint presentation, I may have become all that I despise... Blake, I think it was Brookstone, but it's possible it was West Elm, but probably Brookstone. And I wouldn't make it out of Mahagony... This shopping thing is way way way to stressful for everyone... It's the last week of class. I am not certain just where the fall went, but it's gone... As much as it would have been cool to see the Ravens win, it would have screwed up my Dolphins/Patriots prediction - oh crap, that means the Stillers have to lose too. Sorry guys... Once again, I would just like to remind everyone that when you do a project or a home improvement you should take "before" pictures, much better for portfolio and for blogging... The Dick Cheney Frontline has been in the DVR for like 2 months now. I suppose it might just be time to admit I am not going to watch it. Who has time what with all the episodes of Cool Tools and Batman the Animated Series... My mother in law bought me and the missus the same gift I bought her for the holidays. Not sure what to make of that... Congratulations are in order. I remembered to register for USITT housing before the conference hotel was full. Hooray for me... We recorded the whole Tin Man to watch in one sitting. I hope it doesn't suck, or that will be one long sitting... I forgot to go to the store today to buy DVD's for our get together - Powerpoint on the brain will do that... I think I have discovered the secret to not getting assignments re-submitted. I just don't grade them... Mrs. TANBI informs me I am too difficult to shop for. It could have something to do with my list having a donut from $20 to $500. Have to develop more modest, and yet not too modest tastes... The season finale of Torchwood was acceptable, but if I were Jack I'd memory wipe Owen and show him the door... I went an entire day without editing the Green Page. The world did not end...

3 comments:

Peg said...

That's it... I must request a post on the etymology of the term "asshat." I've heard it for years now and I still have no context -- although I am fairly certain I understand anyway.

Peg said...

Uhm, that's not to say I've heard it applied to me personally... at least not that I'm aware of.

Anonymous said...

We decided about 3 years ago that we would only buy presents at Xmas/Hanukkah for the kids. Once you hit 18, no more presents for you. You're done.
We asked our families not buy us anything either. We just don't need any more stuff. I must say, it's really cut down on the stress. We sent off the kids' presents last week, aaaaaand we're done.
Instead of participating in the shopping orgy that now passes for Christmas, we are going on a trip.
We leave 12/19 for a foreign land that my husband has never before seen and will return with lots of memories and digital pictures and video which won't clutter up the joint.
We just got tired of being crabby from Nov. 20 till Jan. 2 over feeling obligated to spend money for no reason other than because advertising tells us to do it.
I do get the hairy eyeball from people over it, and I think my in-laws were miffed at first, but now everyone just buys presents for the kids and calls it done. My dad was all "SWEET!!!"
It was kind of weird at first to have holidays with no presents, but that quickly passed. Having a relaxing and enjoyable holiday season more than makes up for it.