Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Blog fame? Infamy?

Last week I had two interesting blog experiences, if there is such a thing.

The first is something I am quite used to in spheres more pedestrian than the blogosphere. I made a comment on the jill/txt site with a little dry David humor. The next person sort of missed it entirely and wanted to know why Americans have to make everything about George Bush. For a little while I was honestly afraid of what this person I had never met actually thought of me. I was even more upset that I had fouled a blog I like with a little David flamewar (three posts, I know, hardly constitutes a flamewar but you get the idea). I was reminded of another blogger I haven't met who told me they actually had to switch off the comments so that they could keep some interloper from ruining their site. I hope I didn't do that. All appears to be water under the bridge, but I have to say my comment urge has been stifled some.

The next thing that happened was even weirder.

I was looking through the referrer links on my counter and saw one from a site that clearly wasn't a blog, but was a site I had never even heard of. Following the link I found not just a link to my site, but an entire posting crossposted on their site. It is here, most of the way down the page. The entry is slugged "If this were an idea."

In some small way I guess I became a bio-diesel pundit. Who'd-a-thunk it? Think I can count that as an article published when I revise my CV?

Its nice to be noticed.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That is pretty spiffy David. I think that might actually count as an article published, though not in the area of publishing that would really help you with tenure-track sorts of stuff. I wonder how it found you, maybe through the Mercedes Wrangler link?