Monday, May 30, 2005

Guest Blogger

Wedding Woes

Getting married is really hard...if I have another day like today, I might have an aneurysm...i've made so many decisions in the last few months that had you asked me in the beginning, I would have said I didn't care about, but it turns out I did...how much would you spend to have a close friend come to your wedding?...if people in theatre ever got wind of much money people in weddings made, we could take over their industry in an hour...too many little crafty projects will ruin any day...even if you know its best not to leave everything to the last minute it seems to happen anyway..."looking you best" is ridiculously expensive and a full time job...is it ok to be mad at someone who is inconveniently sick?...even if you knew certain people weren't coming, its still depressing to get the RSVP... other people's family dynamics are always a mystery...people who seem incredibly successful and smart have trouble following simple instructions when it comes to personal tasks...HOW DOES HE COME UP WITH SO MANY??...the four weeks feel like they are going to be the most stressful weeks of my life...I can't believe we're going away again tomorrow...craft stores have entire "wedding" sections filled with some of the most hideous junk I have ever seen...squares is a dirty word in our house now... tiny chickens don't have very much meat on them...why, if you're going over to visit a friend, would you make your significant other sit in the car and wait till you were done?...why do people buy wedding presents off the registry... How do you end one of these things?..

2 comments:

Indri said...

Hang tight!

I attend a lot of weddings in my professional capacity...and let me tell you, it will come off much better than you think it will. It always does. As long as nobody catches on fire--and in five years of catering, I've only seen one person catch on fire, and that was me--the event will be wonderful.

All you will remember afterwards was that you were drifting. The food, the safety pins, the kid who had too much of his dad's beer--none of these things will leave the lasting impression that the event itself will.

As for the last-minute craft projects, are you thinking about attaching pairs of Hershey's Kisses to plastic spoons with little bits of tulle? Because that's probably more effort than you need to make. And nobody will know if you don't do it.

Anonymous said...

Among other awful calamities of my Mom's second wedding, my little brother actually did catch himself on fire...he was somehow leaning over a candle looking at something or other and managed to set his hair on fire...his hair....yeck....

-deano