Friday, May 27, 2005

Thank You

for being statesmen first and politicians second.

There are no Bad Ideas salutes the "Gang of 14"

Bob Nelson (D) Nebraska
Mike DeWine (R) Ohio
Joe Lieberman (D) Connecticut
Susan Collins (R) Maine
Mark Pryor (D) Arkansas
Lindsey Grahm (R) South Carolina
Robert Byrd (D) West Virginia
Lincoln Chafee (R) Rhode Island
Mary Landrieu (D) Louisiana
John McCain (R) Arizona
Ken Salazar (D) Colorado
John Warner (R) Virginia
Daniel Inouye (D) Hawaii
Olympia Snowe (R) Maine

A while back I talked about letting your senators know that the way forward was compromise, not grandstanding. It's a bummer my senators are not on this list, but a good thing that the list exists in the first place. I don't live where I can vote for any of these people, but if I did they'd have earned my vote this week.

Let's hope its the beginning of a new trend toward compromise instead of a one time thing.

No comments: