Sunday, August 10, 2008

Something I Said?

This morning someone from the Obama campaign call our house, polling I guess. The call didn't exactly end the way I thought it would. She starts out with "hi my name is" something I didn't hear, I really wasn't listening yet...

caller: I'd like to ask you some questions about the election.

me: ok

caller: How are you this morning?

me: We're peachy thanks.

caller: What?

me: fine, we're fine.

caller: ok, do you think you know which of the nominees you're going to vote for?

me: I was unaware there are nominees.

caller: yeah, it's Obama or McCain.

me: but the conventions haven't even happened yet.

caller: (silence)
At this point I was a little afraid I'd broken her, so I was going to give her a little rope before I tugged again. I started to say "we're probably going to vote for Obama." The next sentence was going to be "but first we have to find out if Nader is on the PA ballot, and we're going to be looking into Bob Barr."

Except I didn't get to, because she hung up on me.

Mrs. TANBI says I got what I deserved. I think that all they had to say was "candidates" instead of "nominees" and I wouldn't have had my switch flipped (you just KNOW I'm going to be one of those "of course you can go to the bathroom, the question is may you go to the bathroom" parents). Also, in any case I don't think you just hang up - that's rude.

If only there was ANYONE else to vote for...

1 comment:

Philippa Main said...

dBoev,

I still love you.