Sunday, August 24, 2008

Welcome Back Party

So we went to the CMU School of Drama annual welcome back party tonight. That gave me an opportunity to give Dick his gag-gift:

He seemed to like it and take it in the spirit it was intended. He says the first faculty meeting is spoken for, he has a sweatshirt that says "The job that ate my brain" but this shirt will likely make an appearance at a faculty function soon after that.

Here's a close-up:
You can't see it in the photos, and not so much even in a dimly lit room, but the shirt is COVERED with gold glitter. Guess we'll have to wait until it's in the sunlight to get the full effect. The other people pictured are Liz Bradley, Peter Frisch, Liz Orion, and Mel Shapiro - that's where my memory gives out.

All the other suggestions are on the back which looks like this:
So thanks for those, they are all great and got many laughs. I was only sorry I forgot the one I thought of in the car the other day: "I had a dream I was Head of the School of Drama, and you were there, and you were there..."

Maybe if he does have to do a second year that can be on the next shirt.

1 comment:

Kate said...

ohmygosh that is positively MAGNIFICENT! oh, dave, always up to your old tricks. SO FUNNY!

is it really covered in gold glitter? I'm surprised Dick still agreed to wear it!