Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Ellipses...

Well, it sounds at least Trump v. Vance isn't going to go well for the President...  We did our first end of semester conferences I have been a part of since I started teaching.  I think I prefer the semester reviews format...  The boy can't be left on his own to Zoom.  He likes playing with the controls too much...  It is possible that the cardboard box industry will see a real uptick with all the home shopping.  The number of boxes going out for recycling is certainly up (and the self drop off site is closed, so no taking things in on your own)...  Sounds like camp is going to be on for the summer.  Now we just have to decide if we want Gib5on to go to camp under these circumstances.  Same goes for Sabian's daycare...  We had company today.  It was a contractor.  Not much as company goes...  Pretty sure the release of HBO MAX and Peacock should mean the end of cable.  Would be really nice for that to show a significant savings, but I bet it won't...  I watched some of the Senate hearings today.  I'm not sure anyone is learning anything...  Really I did want to see Hamilton in a theatre before seeing it on a screen.  Doesn't look like it is going to work that way...  I'm putting together a Zoom reunion for the Starlight Theatre stage crew from 1986.  That was really a very long time ago.  Feels like last week sometimes...  It turns out that our Zoom license does not allow for me to run two meetings concurrently even if I make someone else the host of one of them and leave to do the other...  The intrusion in the conference yesterday is weighing more heavily on me than I would have thought it would...  Folks at work are trying to decide what production should look like at a theatre school where we can't be in the same room.  Tough to figure out what to do with people that detail and build scenery...  There's still a whole lot of grading that needs done and my schedule keeps filling up with other things.  The next couple of days are going to need to be more productive I think...  I finished Hustle.  I'm thinking maybe starting The Mandalorian.  But maybe I will just watch a bunch of things on YouTube, or maybe read a book...  Someone walking down the street today asked me what they were asking for the house next door.  When I told them they thought "wow, we really lowballed it!"  Or maybe the asking price is nuts...

No comments: