Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Ellipses...

I don't understand how Treasury thinks it is reasonable to keep the recipients of the bail out money secret.  Just doing do reeks of corruption.  Besides, they've established that Congress won't do anything.  Even if all the money went to Eric and Don Jr. I don't think that would change...  Today I got my hair cut.  All week the wait times had been over 100 minutes according to the app, but today I looked and it said 0.  The place was doing no shampooing, so beard trimming, no blow drying, and everyone had masks.  It still felt  a little risky...  We distributed the "Camp Corona" t-shirts today.  They were a resounding success.  It has me thinking about doing a "second session" shirt with a different graphic for later in the year...  I reached out on Facebook today to see if I could get contact information for someone famous as part of prepping a project for the fall.  It took less than one half hour to get their agents numbers and a connection to a personal assistant.  That's a pretty good network I think...  The court today officially expanded civil rights to LGBTQ people today.  That's a good thing.  The cynic in me thinks they only did it because later in the term they are going to more firmly codify the "religious freedom" exception and pretty much mooting this ruling.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I hope I am wrong...  It looks like this fall will have to be the end of my dodging the Canvas app at work.  I managed to create my own workflow using email and webspaces for the entire time we were using Blackboard, and I've been using the same methodology since we switched over to Canvas.  The summer program is requiring Canvas to keep the Zoom operation completely behind our password authentication, so there's no choice.  Once I have to do it this summer I can't see why I wouldn't use it in the fall...  The triage folder I have set up has started to work well on its own.  It took a few days to get enough rules established but it seems to be there now.  I can only hope all the unsubscribing I have been doing along the way has had some effectiveness too...  The notice came today that my new bike has shipped.  It is coming FedEx Ground Freight.  Should be here in five days.  I hope I like it when it gets here...  Did you know that "chokehold" is a term of art and not everything that includes grabbing someone around the neck qualifies?  Something tells me we are all going to become a lot more familiar with the specifics of the language in this area.  That's probably something that should have happened a long, long time ago...  In other news: Uncle Sam's, after being take out only for like 3 months, has quite suddenly started offering the free fries you would have gotten dine in as part of the take out.  That was a nice discovery today...

No comments: