Monday, June 29, 2020

That's Your Pitch?

This isn't really a problem for you, but our refrigerator has it in for us.  Years ago it decided that it just wasn't going to make ice anymore.  We had it fixed once and then the same thing happened again and as if it was a stubborn teenager Mrs. TANBI and I decided that ice wasn't the hill we wanted to go to war over.  Recently it has decided it isn't going to close.  I mean, it is closed, but it is going to insist it isn't closed.  This would be swell except that it has an alert to tell you if it isn't closed and it is a persistent alert.  It doesn't stop, and it can't be turned off (plus it goes from intermittent to constant).  So far we've been able to get it to believe it was closed, but it feels like it is just a matter of time.

So, at some point not too far in the future either we're going to have to put some resources into this fridge or get a new one.

In that frame I have been interested to note that the company that sold us this fridge is having a 4th of July sale with refrigerators up to 40% off.  This company is the vendor that sold us all the major appliances in our kitchen from our original reno long, long ago.  We didn't spend as much as some of their customers must, but we did buy a fridge and an oven and a range and a hood and a dishwasher.  I kinda like these folks and they are a local business and all things being equal I would probably go back to them.

The other day I sent them an email through their website asking which of the refrigerators on the website that would fit in the space occupied by our previous purchase from them would be part of this sale.  Here's the answer I got:


But really, what I hear in my head when I read that is: "You know, we really don't care if we make this sale."

I guess I was expecting something more along the lines of...
"I pulled your prior receipt and here's a link to a list of the units that will fit your space.  This is the one I would recommend, this one is the one that has the highest customer rating, and here's the one that is the best deal.  We also have this one which is a floor model and this one which has been discontinued - those are both really good deals.  Also, it occurs to me that I should ask if you are having difficulty with your current fridge.  I can set you up with a rep from our service department.  Let me know."
But alas not.  Well, maybe we should go to Lowe's after all.  They did just authorize a whole bunch of very impressive socially motivated business loans.

Have you seen Boiler Room?  Whole thing made me think of this:

No comments: