Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Who Are These People?

Its been one month since I started running the hitmap:

2208 visits in 30 days? In a million years I would not have thought this site would get that many hits. My understanding is that a "visit" is a unique IP. The counter does page views and there have already been 1185 page views since 1/2/05. Unbelievable!

Maybe I really should think about doing the Google AdSense thing.

I guess maybe its not as epic as it sounds. A lot of people have rotating IPs. Anyone with dial-up, I think most people with DSL - I know I have a rotating IP at home. So that would mean that one person checking every day would be 30 hits all by themselves, and I, who check a bunch of times every day could even be more - depending on when my IP actually rolls over. 2208 in a month is like 74 hits a day. I imagine that's something like 30 regular readers.

I've only seen maybe 9-10 different people on the tag board or in comments. I wonder who all these visits are?

Well, whoever you are, thanks for reading.

No comments: