Saturday, April 23, 2005

Earth Day

Friday was Earth day.

Did you get anything for the Earth?

Is it appropriate to exchange gifts on Earth day? Who would you give them to? Maybe everyone ought to do something nice for the planet. Something to conserve energy maybe. No driving maybe. Or turn the temp in your house up or down 50% depending on the season where you live. Maybe go out of your way to recycle something you ordinarily don't.

Maybe for Earth day we should remind everyone that the current administration don't care much for the Earth. I hope there was no gift for the Earth from the US Government. Something like another "Clear Skys Initiative." There's a present I am sure the planet would regift if it had the chance:

Overheard at Venus' birthday: "Oh Earth, how nice, a Clear Skys Initiative - I was hoping someone would help me clear up this condition of mine!"

Little does she know. Ha ha ha (demonic laugh).

Personally, with snow predicted for this weekend, I'm not feeling all that guilty about spacing on Earth day. I mean really, if you want nice things you have to treat people better. Snow in late April just don't cut it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I biked