Monday, April 11, 2005

I must have one

The Dark Lord of the Spud


I've talked about Star Wars before. I haven't managed to get hold of the whole first trilogy. I think I will always be an episode 4-6 person, but this last one coming up soon seems to tie in with the old movies pretty closely. So I am kind of excited.

There's apparently a much bigger marketing tie in with this film than the past two. They must realize this could be their last dip at the Star Wars trough. I would normally think this is crass and unfortunate, but I guess I still have a spot in my heart for this crap. I never had many of these toys, but they were all around while I was growing up. To this day its hard not to pick up Star Wars themed Lego sets.

Somehow getting to see Vader's eyes popping out like that makes the whole character a little less threatening - or maybe its the potato body. Actually it reminds me some of the "Lord Helmet" character from Spaceballs.

Actually, with my recently changed appreciation of potatoes - under the South Beach Diet potatoes are the Devil - maybe this characterization is exactly on target.

"Luke, you know you cannot resist the power of the carb side - it is your destiny!"

I crack myself up.

1 comment:

Peg said...

That's David. He'll be here all week.