Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Pseudoephedrine

I'm supposed to be drafting. I took a side gig drawing the TV project here at school because all the kids are too busy. I should have realized I was too busy as well.

But I didn't.

So for the last two weeks I have been just about as lousy at time management and deadlines as any student I've ever had. Good thing I don't have to crit at the end of the semester. Still, I would have what I thing are going to be some nice drawings to put up on my board.

In the meantime, I lost something like 4 hours of productivity today to allergies. Happens every spring and fall. You think I'd be used to it by now. I've even talked about it before:

Oh well. Nature will be nature, and I guess I should re-up my Allegra.


On Snot
Please, just for a moment
I beg that you give me your attention.
I need to tell you a story.
A story about my congestion.

As I have stated in the past,
One of the best things going for me I’ve got,
Is that my head is so often full of ideas.
But today, today it’s snot.

Certainly if one were given a choice,
Allergies or a cold are not what one would choose.
But then, really it’s not a matter of selection
This persistent and annoying ooze.

And so, while trying to get through the day,
Off to the convenience store I go.
I must take something to stem the tide.
There must be something that will cap the flow.
Some thing that will let me breathe,
Without first, and constantly having to blow

Of course, in the haze of drugs
Work really can’t get done,
And so the deadlines slip.
I guess I’ll just take my nose home
Put it in bed and feel it drip.

Does someone out there have an answer?
Could you give it to me please?
But not now, I’ll need a moment
I can feel I’m about to sneeze.

6 comments:

Indri said...

I'm partial to Theraflu myself...I don't know if the hot liquidy aspect really makes a difference, but it sure feels like it does.

Anonymous said...

12-hour Claritin - it's the miracle drug. Non-drowsy antihistamine, with some sudafed thrown in to do away with the snot factor... Good stuff - I've been taking it all week! =)

S.

Anonymous said...

COuld be worse...it could be food posioning!
--M

BabelBabe said...

yeah, I swear by Sudafed, and it's safe for pregnant people : )

try hot steam , too - showers or whatever. it'll clear your sinuses, dry heat is BAD. which is proibably why the Theraflu seems to work better, all that hot steamy fluid.

nice poem - do you have hidden talents, or did you crib it?

David said...

my poem, all mine

Anonymous said...

when i was a frosh, there was this cool guy from the drug conseling center named Dude, (yes, thats what he said his name was) and he hauled us all away from our lunch break to talk to us about proper nutrition. he also said that our heads are full of grapes and pseudoephedrine / ephedrine would step on the grapes. so be careful or you could have wine leaking out your ears....