Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Link of the Day

A true link of the day post. Today I present to you:


This has actually been on my mind a lot lately because the summer tours are being announced. I've used this site since I lived in Vegas. It's real cool.

With Pollstar, you can enter any city and see all the music acts booked in that city. Pretty much as far out as things are booked. There were some dates in Vegas I could see more than two years out. Those bookers really know how to get ahead. Putting in Pittsburgh (after telling it I mean Pittsburgh PA and not Pittsburgh KS) I can see dates through December. Not bad.

You can also enter any act and see any dates they have booked pretty much anywhere. So were REM on our honeymoon itinerary I would know that we'd have to go to Bonn, Germany. You can also select any venue and have it show you all the acts booked at that venue.

Its all rigged to crossreference too, so if you want to jump from act to city to venue you can.

Here's the coolest part though: if you register, you can specify I think up to four acts and every time they add a booking you get an email letting you know. I think I'm rigged for Aime Mann, Patti Griffin, Michelle Malone, and Indigo Girls (I get MLE announcements from somewhere else). So even without watching MTV or paying attention to Pittsburgh papers or radio I know when these acts are coming to town - Like Patti Griffin on the 30th. Plus I can see all the cities they go to, so if I want to combine cool music with a visit to a friend I get a heads up for that too.

Check it out.

No comments: