Friday, July 08, 2005

Ellipses...

Where does the money go?.. One week can really make a difference in the weather for your Jamaica vacation... Kittens really do miss you when you're gone... If Christianity (or any other accepted religion for that matter) had been invented in the 1950's, would it seem any less ridiculous than people make Scientology out to be?.. Do all crabs look inherently angry?.. One is never too old, or too young to decide that a life in the theatre is not for them... Precollege is a curious combination between summer camp and college... Even paint designed to come off easily is still pretty stubborn... If you want to SCUBA you shouldn't pass out while fitting the mask... The folks a Crate & Barrel really know how to pack up glass... When we decided to "take the war to the terrorists" I don't believe we were thinking we'd do it in London... I don't believe that the people trading oil futures have any idea what the future demand for oil is going to be and that they are making us all miserable for nothing... If other airport baggage screening is like Montego Bay, Jamaica then then the folks at the Kansas City airport can probably relax a little... After the same book makes trips to three cities in a bag, unread, it might just be time to pitch it... You don't have to live like a refugee... Some people are just bad snorkel buddies... Does not having seen any of Live8 make one a bad person?.. I'd barely gotten used to fiance... You'll be happy you have sunscreen until you find yourself buying the $17 bottle of bug spray... Just when did Tom Cruise lose it?.. I don't like Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn as a couple... Wouldn't it be fun if Karl Rove went to jail?.. Why exactly were they celebrating July 4th in Jamaica?.. It's nice when someone appreciates the size of your television... CMU IT made me change my password, I liked my password dammit...

6 comments:

Katy said...

Christianity *did* seem ridiculous when it was only 50 years old, give Scientology a few millenia... what book is still unread?... "appreciates the size of your television" sounds like you aren't talking about home electronics... welcome back to the mainland, mon.

BabelBabe said...

Yeah, I want to know what book is still unread, too...and I also dislike the Vaughn/Anniston pairing. And yes, it'd be great fun if Rove went to jail. Btw, liked the guest blog, Marisa. Great pics : )

Anonymous said...

Think of that book as "well traveled". Or maybe I just like to hoard books. Unread or otherwise. I guess I have a bad habit of taking books on vacations that I never read. I agree with Katy on that television comment. My dad dubbed precollege "college camp" when I explained my job to him. I would look like an angry crab too if everyone were out to eat me. I still think Christianity's a little weird, but that's probably the 11 years of Jewish day school. does not really even knowing what Live8 is make me a bad person? I think Tom Cruise lost it when they let him speak unscripted, but of course, that can't be true, because he's perfectly normal. He KNOWS physcology. and I had no idea Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn were dating. I guess I haven't been keeping up on my celebrity gossip. Bad me. Great guest blog, by the way. ~Kate

Anonymous said...

You, David, are so right on many of those posts. I like your style, I like your spunk! I would also like to know the title of said book, if you don't mind.
Katy's secret pal
crazedknitter@aol.com

David said...

Not that I think it will mean anything to anyone but the title of the book in question is "Star Wars, The Cestus Deception (A Clone Wars Novel)." To be fair, I took 5 books to Ocho Rios and only read about 60 pages.

BabelBabe said...

Good God Almighty, I could have told you to pitch that book before you carted it to Jamaica : )Sorry, my literary snob is emerging...no, seriously, I always pack at least six books for a week's trip. Because what you want to read depends on mood, location, portability of book, whether you are willing to get it wet or not....Dan at this point makes fun of me if I take less than three.