Thursday, July 21, 2005

Question #1

1. You could be the drummer for a star rock band or a world-renowned neurosurgeon. Which do you pick?

It must mean something that my first impulse is to say I would rather manage the band. I think that given the choice between one or the other I would choose the doctor.

I've never much been into performance. When I used to be in shows I would always spend more time looking at the technical aspects than I did thinking about the performance I was supposed to be giving. I guess I have no real foundation to speculate about the adulation. Once in my life I played in an ultimate game with enough people to produce a cheer after a good play. That felt pretty good. Thousands of screaming fans must be cool too, and it must be something that really makes a difference on stage. Once at a Melissa concert when I was in the front row one of the techs spent a good chunk of time trying to get me to crash the front of the stage. I don't think he would have done that had it not mattered to her - she gave me a pick after the show too.

But I digress.

Would I be me in this scenario or would I morph into the person that could be one of these things?

Truth be told I don't think I have the wherewithal to be either of these. I spend too much time second guessing. It would be very hard for me to be in a no mistakes kind of scenario either in front of so many people or with such huge repercussions.

There's definitely a money angle here too, yes? The doctor does very well and probably wants for nothing while the drummer probably wants for only new ways to spend money. That's probably one in favor of rockstar.

Also, I think I could get over the confidence thing, but surgeons really have to be in early in the morning and I don't think I could conquer that. All that early morning surgery. The rockstar is much more compatible with my lifestyle.

OK, twist my arm, rockstar.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Yay! Marisa has stopped signing anonymously.

You could always be in one of those hermit-like rock bands that everyone adores because they tour so rarely and are all arty in the studio. No, I can't think of any examples.

BabelBabe said...

Maybe a more-lowkey Radiohead...?

Hey, Marisa!