Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What the Client Wanted...

I am always looking for this thing and it came up on the random image search, so I thought I would put it here for the next time.


This really does tell the story of my business pretty well. In fact this one is a little more developed than some of the other versions I have seen.

You have to make some changes for it to be right on. Customer=Director, Project Leader=Designer, Analyst=Technical Director, Programmer=Job Lead, and Business Consultant=Account Executive.

The bottom row is even better. That first one is right on. In my own description of files from commercial shops I say "the file is filled with only fax cover sheets." The people referred to as "operations" would be "the screwups downstairs" in the parlance of my own circles. And the customer really does always get billed like you've built them a roller coaster. At one shop I discovered that to have us build one Hollywood flat was $1000. It had better have flags on it.

Anyway, enjoy, and remember it the next time you have to go through a 3 act opera to get something you didn't quite want.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Indri said...

This is great, David. I have a friend who's an interaction designer, and his work sounds very similar.