Monday, September 12, 2005

Insomnia

3:18 and all is well. Maybe I missed my calling. Perhaps I should have been a town crier. You know it's late when even the Pacific Timezone people on your buddylist are all gone/away/idle. I need to make some friends in Hawaii, or maybe Australia. The hitmap implies there are people there who occasionally check out the blog. I wonder if they'd like to be friends. Alternately I could try to get an appointment to some Australian University teaching Production Planning online. I should look into that.

What I really don't understand is how if Mrs. Boevers and myself both got up at the same time how it is possible that she is snoozing away and I am here typing. What is up with that?

I thought since I was laying awake rhuminating that I would share. Tonight, interspersed with the song "Are You Ready for a Miracle" which is the end title to "Leap of Faith" which I was watching before turning in for good, I have been mulling over details of the curricular review at work. That, and thinking about forming a somewhat less informal PTM Advisory group out of some of our alums. Exciting isn't it? Let me see if I can give you some insight into the ADD that is my trying to sleep mind...

"Are you ready for a miracle?"

"I wonder if Liz would pay for me to bring some alum back to Pittsburgh for some strategic planning?"

"What is the cat doing over there?"

"There are some words we just have to stop using in our meetings."

"READY AS I CAN BE!"

"The whole depth vs. breadth thing is just getting us noplace."

"Maybe Andy Palmer, Sarah Deutsch, and Mike Goglia."

"Are you READY for a MIRACLE?"
"Maybe foundation is better for this conversation than breadth."

"Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money!"

"We should do a mock invoice for the ECHO people so they know how much money they saved."

"Do I need a graduate student?"

"And skills, skills has got to go."

"Ready as I can be!"

"I could bring them to town and they could be like the CFA advisory board, but for the option. Then we could establish some new long term goals that were vetted."

"I mean, actually, why have skills classes at all? Studio skills go in the classes that use them, and full scale skills, well that's lab - crew."

"I am never going to make it to my dentist appointment in the morning."

"Are you ready for a miracle?"

"That would bypass the whole Design Skills = Production Technology landmine completely."

That's about 5 minutes I guess. Do you get the idea? Its not a perfect rendering actually because in my head everything overlaps some. It's amazing the stuff that pops into your head. I guess the Carlin thing is because of the movie.

The worst part is that there are sometimes some genuinely good ideas floating around there and then I become worried that I've actually solved something and I won't remember in the morning. This of course adds to the problem and sooner or later I wind up sitting in front of a monitor again if only to get a fresh attempt at sleeping in a few minutes after clearing some of the debris and getting a glass of water.

Really what I guess I should do is email this post to a physician and see if they have a nice prescription for me. Ok, enough typing. Time for sleep. Take two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should hire your advisory committe as adjunct.

Anonymous said...

I concurr. =) S.