Tuesday, January 24, 2006

End of the Affair

I'm not sure what did it, but I think for sure I can admit it. I can't go on doing this to myself any longer, its just no good for me. It has to stop.

Really I think its about numbers. They just kept getting higher and higher and no matter what I did they never got any better. For a long time now I've known it was wrong, I could see the evidence so many places. I just wanted it, so I didn't do anything about it. But it can't go on.

Which thing was it that finally made me reach the end of my rope? Its possible that it was the 240, or maybe the 8 one or the other or maybe both. It really doesn't matter which it was, the result is the same. Some things have got to change around here.

240 is just too many pounds to weigh.

And $8 is too much to pay.

Just for lunch at the "O"

Goodbye.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN.

The O has gotten away for too long with a quality to price ration that is STAGGERINGLY AWFUL. Every time I regretfully resort to them for sustinance, I find myself wanting to jump behind the counter and fix my food myself. The food that comes out of that place is gross, overcooked, stale and just of very poor quality. Ideally, there needs to be an all out boycott so that they move out and someone else of respectable quality (and price) moves in. Argh!

Anonymous said...

And yet late at night I still crave the last batch of "O" fries that were shared in the studio. There is nothing quite like them any where else.

cait said...

I had to actually wean myself off of the "O" sophomore year. I swear, there's crack in the fries... It's not the consumers' fault...