Sunday, January 29, 2006

"Perspective student"

Really, what on Earth do I do with this:

Hi, I am [inquiring nameless student], I am only a Juinor in High School, but i am looking into being a traveling theatre stage Manger. I am planing on going to tow years of colloage at a local collage and thinking of transfering to your school. I have herd good things about your collage and i am very inteseted, i alsi herd that it is very hard to get in to. If you could possible give me any tips that might get me a better chance of geting into your school in 4 years or so, it would be greatly appercitaed.
I think I count 11 spelling mistakes and at least 4 grammatical errors.

I am at a loss.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about writing them back with helpful advice, beginning with "find someone to proofread your writing?"

Seriously though, who's to say they won't be a shit-hot SM with a few more hours in English class? And they'll have you to thank...

cait said...

During our freshman year, it occurred to our DP class that none of us could remember interviewing with anyone who didn't get in. We also couldn't get any info on how many students had applied. That, combined with the advert. pamphlet toting the phrase, "We have the theatre, all we need is you," or something to that effect, had us conviced that we were the only ones who'd applied and were therefore accepted. It was a big dissapointment for us for a while. All I can say about that inquiring nameless student is that, if he/she is accepted... we will have no other choice but to think we were right all along.

Christopher said...

hey now, we have some kids who are borderline dyslexic...and I can't really multiply. After a late night, I corrected one girl’s lettering which read “1/2” grond plan”.

The fact that [inquiring nameless student] opted not to use spell-check, however, might not qualify them as super-hero material…

And come to think of it, I have huge problems adding in feet and inches…

Christopher said...

P.S. I count 15 spelling and 4 grammatical.
With something that wrong, I would be wary of an under-privileged diversification equal-treatment testing organization or something...

Anonymous said...

"...Thank you for your interest in Carnegie Mellon's School of Dance..."

-deano