Sunday, January 15, 2006

Last Day of Vacation

It's ticked passed midnight on the last weekend of my Winter Break. That makes one day left. I sit here thinking about the list of things I didn't do...

I didn't get any farther on the Tech Direction book or begin to look at the Production Planning book.
I didn't clean my work office.
I didn't work on my RTP stuff.
I didn't clean my home office.
I didn't really make any money.
I didn't clean my garage.
I didn't remember to call my folks often.
I didn't do a rigging syllabus.
I didn't watch what I ate.
I didn't take it easy on spending.
I didn't hang out with friends.
I didn't scan more family photos.
I didn't do a Technical Design syllabus.
I didn't take the twins to the vet.
I didn't fix my sleeping pattern.
I didn't revise the crazy scheme (until like an hour ago).
I didn't get much exercise.
I didn't clear out my inbox.
I didn't read a book.
I didn't have my wisdom teeth out.
I didn't get the truck inspected.
I didn't get a jump on my taxes.
I didn't erase my credit card debt.
I didn't advance my panel project for Louisville.
I didn't go on a vacation.

Now, one can always make a long list of things they didn't do: "I didn't meet the president, I didn't defy gravity, I didn't go back in time..." But still, many of the things on my list were things I really could have gotten to, or at least I think so.

And yet, the break was quite full. I saw my family and the missus's family, and I built an opera. Really I'm not sure how much more time there was.

I wonder where it goes?

2 comments:

Kate said...

I think if we start focusing more on the things we DO do as opposed to things we DON'T do, our lives will be more fulfilled. It seems like you had a nice, full break.

Anonymous said...

I had my wisdom teeth out...really an overrated experience. not something I would suggest.