Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Fell Asleep

What did he say? I was really looking forward to updates on some of the things he's been worked up about before.

  • Did he talk about personal retirement accounts?
  • How about increasing domestic oil production by drilling in the ANWR?
  • Was there any news about No Child Left Behind?
  • Mostly I wanted to hear progress on the manned mission to mars, did it come up?
  • Any news on the national scourge of anabolic steroids?
Oh well, I am sure the details will be on the news. (Speaking of, did you see the comparison of interviews in news world vs. Oprah world the other day on The Daily Show? Someone find it and I'll post the link.)

I didn't fall asleep until just after people came in. Was I the only one who heard in their head as the cabinet came in: "Mr. Speaker, The Legion of Doom!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It IS the Legion of Doom. I've been saying it since 2000. Dick Cheney IS Lex Luthor. I would also point out that Dubya sort of half-mentioned the obliterated city of New Orleans... On Imus this morning someone said that Louisian should secede from the Union, turn over the oil and gas to terrorists, get invaded by US troops, and THEN they might get some help rebuilding.
Seriously.
God. I just can't stand much more of this stupidity.
Also? I think this whole SOTU is just stupid. We should have Question Time like they do in the British Parliament. If we had THAT, Dubya would've been impeached about 6 months after he was appointed.
I'm just saying.