Monday, March 05, 2007

R.I.P. Starbuck?

Someone PLEASE say it isn't so. Starbuck's viper breaks up in a hail of sparks. Did they kill her off? Can it be?

To borrow from Steven Segal's "Under Siege II, Dark Territory"...

Did you see a body?
There was all this blood, I just assumed.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups!
We didn't see a body. I don't think she's dead.

Some people have been saying that she's been a Cylon all along. So I guess this would be their chance to have her download and reveal her as one of the final nine. They appeared to be setting that up during the episode in the temple. I suppose that could happen, but I have to admit to not being a fan of that particular plot suggestion. Boomer being a Cylon was enough, and all the back and forth about whether Baltar was a Cylon really started to get annoying. I'm just not stoked about a "Starbuck is a Cylon" direction.

I have to admit to being intrigued though. I haven't seen if they tipped in the ad for next week like they did when they took everyone out to shoot them on New Caprica.

Last night I found myself thinking in another direction. Remember on the original series that ship that looked like it was made of crystal? It came up behind ships in space and the pilots thought they were hearing a high pitched noise, and then when they were next seen everything had turned white. Before Starbuck went in there was a bright white light. I know that could have been from the front of her ship breaking up, but at least until we find out for sure I am going to think it was the benevolent aliens picking her up. Maybe her "special destiny" is to serve them, instead of her being a Cylon.

I guess I will have to wait until next week to find out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't SEE Starbuck again this season. She's out of the credits for the last three episodes. Ron Moore's podcast has been totally useless in getting any idea about what's happening with her. I have other really good spoiler sources for BSG so I do know that while we saw the last of Kara Thrace for 2007, we have not HEARD the last of her. What that is, I'm not sure but it's tied in with Baltar's trial and Gaeta's secret. I don't have confirmation, but I'm leaning toward Gaeta being the Cylon--not Kara. Remember back in Season 2 when Sharon told them there were 8 Cylons in the fleet still? They never found them all.
I think Gaeta's a final fiver. I would be wicked pissed if they made Adama or Roslin a final fiver. That would be lame, cop-out, pedestrian crap totally beneath this show. Maybe TIGH. THAT would be AWESOME. I just thought of that.
I'm not convinced Kara's a Cylon. although it's the only way we'd ever see her again. Plus, Katee Sackhoff has been yammering all over the place about how she wants to focus on features now. So maybe that's it. I think I could live with that.
Also? How am I supposed to survive till JANUARY 2008 without new BSG? That's one of the reasons I quit watching Sopranos--all those stupid extra-long hiatuses (hiati?).
Heroes will tide me over, I guess. I sure do love me some Pasdar.

Anonymous said...

That first comment was me--Stevie. I forgot to sign my comment. My bad.

David said...

I can't exactly says as to how, but I knew that.

Anonymous said...

What gave it away? The "wicked pissed" or the "sure do love me some Pasdar"?

David said...

Really I don't know. Guess when you live with someone for a while you can just hear them in your head.

Anonymous said...

I guess I've finally given in and started writing like I talk. Damn Internet culture. I wish I could write contracts the way I talk. That would be fun. But no. CONtracts have to be all LEEgal and BOring. You know what? I got a FIVE HUNDRED PAGE contract yesterday that I have to finish reading by Monday at 930.
Not gonna make it.