Wednesday, March 14, 2007

USITT Show Blogging

Courtesy of hotel high speed and Mrs. TANBI's laptop we have USITT Show Blogging.

Today I got up at the crack of dawn and flew to Phoenix. It didn't occur to me until I was on the plane that I should have brought the GPS with me. That would have been very cool to see the plane's progress and air speed. I wonder if the satellites would come through the fuselage. I sat next to two very polite older women who each went to the bathroom three times. I had the aisle seat.

Because I forgot to make prompt arrangements I am staying a million miles away from the convention. There's a free shuttle service, sort of like I have a GA as a driver. I do have a nice room, a suite with a sitting room and an office.

Here's the hotel atrium:

and here's the view out my window:


Usually there are already people kicking around before the conference starts. I ran into my first convention contact in the elevator coming back from dinner with Mr. & Mrs. Hardwareman. I think that a feature of the show blogging will be a business card gallery. So here's the first:


Tomorrow I have to decide if I am still part of the ESTA Essential Skills committee. Really I think it will depend on how jetlagged I am. If I am still on East Coast time then I think I will probably be ready to attend a 9 am meeting. If I have made the adjustment - well my participation may be in jeopardy. No way to tell right now.

No comments: