Tuesday, March 20, 2007

USITT Wrap Up Ellipses...

My plane was not canceled, and I did not give up my seat... The people at the Hilton Suites Phoenix are very nice... Really I had no desire to go to the Irish bar. Yes, I knew it was St. Patrick's Day... I did not make a bid to take over the Tech Expo... Saturday: 100 degrees and sunny, Monday: 34 degrees and rainy... I never thought I would live in such a way that when leaving messages for people it would be important to let them know what time zone I am currently in... Kevin and I got beat fairly bad by Ben this year. I guess that makes up for a couple of prior years, and we still beat the Yale students... Cabbies love to give away receipts... The water pressure at the Hilton Suites could possibly be used to strip paint, nice... We had new pictures this year, and even a couple drawings, but we sort of struck out on signage... The Theatre JOBlist selection this year appeared pretty lame... ETC has a wonderful scam to shoo away students during the show - do a student session during off hours... The Paradise bakery and Sandwich shop has nice cookies, but they really ought to be nicer to people from out of town... I bought two sets of sunglasses and broke one... I submitted four sessions for next year. I guess I understand that my ideas aren't popular... At the convention center, around the corner from the coffee cart that sells soda for $3 there's a machine that sells soda for $1... At 6:30 AM the whole Phoenix Hilton Suites smells like bacon... I think maybe the "duh" factor was down at this year's tech expo... I am now to understand that there is usually a wait list for exhibitors on the show floor. Who knew... Central street in Phoenix is getting a trolley, which will be nice, but in the meantime is no fun at all... Pacific time is crappy for late night TV... It doesn't matter what you show or what you say if you smell like an ashcan... I felt real old at the booze & schmooze this year... I believe I will attempt to steal the architecture contest format for a commercial theatre display on down the line... We didn't do a CMU reception this year, I wonder if anyone missed it... It turns out it is possible to be too technologically nimble... I'll be doing a session next year on the crazy scheme. Guess I ought to start recruiting panelists... Greg has moved on from PVC to Robotics... Tinted hotel windows are cool... US Air really ought not dump you to a busy signal - ever... Bonnie still thinks I should go to Law School... I believe I have already spaced the Carrik bend, but the Double Dragon might be sticking this time... That cooler really made my bag lumpy on the way home... I should really apologize to Caitlin for that second picture... Total meetings: 3... Sessions participated: 1... non participatory sessions attended: 0... ESTA Meetings attended: 0... receptions attended: 1... Lanyards taken: 100... Lanyards remaining: 35... Brochures received: 100... Brochures remaining: 50... Meals eaten at Majerle's: 3... Tables used at Majerle's: 1... Number of times I went into Majerle's: 0... Apparent average server cup size at Majerle's: D... Beers consumed: 0... Martinis consumed: 2... Margaritas consumed: 9...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that TV programming sucked because (1) Phoenix doesn't observe DST (so was on pacific time as of Mar 11), but (2) Phoenix gets the Mountain feed, which strangely enough isn't the Pacific feed, it's the East Coast feed not delayed. I still don't get it.

(Pacific feed is 3-hours tape delayed (or whatever) from the east coast network feed)

Raising Them Jewish said...

http://smilebox.com/playEmail/4e544d354d6a5132664463784d5459794e773d3d0a&sb=1