Thursday, March 15, 2007

USITT Day Two

So today we started the conference in earnest. Got the day going, hopped the free shuttle and went down to the convention center...

Once I got inside I took care of registration. This time around you don't even tell your name to a person, just type your name into a computer and out pops your badge. Of course I brought my CMU lanyard with me so I could appear on brand...

After that I snagged a setup decal and went in to drop off the booth swag. While I was there I tweaked the display a little. Its still not what it could be, but at least everything pictured is from the last two or three years. For a while there were pictures included from when I was a student.

On my way out I stopped to talk to the people from Production Intercom (PI) to tell them that it was a bummer that the show floor didn't start today because it was Pi day (3/14). They thought that was neat, so they gave me a shirt...

Then I ran into Doom. No business cards today, but Randy gave me one of his calling cards...

Lunchtime. I sat with Hardwareman and Ben Sammler from Yale at a sidewalk table at Thunder Dan's place. While we were there we saw Joe, Fritz, and Safety Ray. It was a good thing that I had lunch with Kevin because he told me the session we were doing was today. Really I had no idea. So off to one meeting and then the knot tying session...

So now many, many more people can tie a sheet bend, double dragon bend, carrik bend, clove hitch, two half hitches, prusik, bowline,figure 8 loop, alpine butterfly, and trucker's hitch. I had to remember the double dragon and the Carrik.

We were joined at the session by alums Mike Katz, Matt and Izzy as well as Mrs. Hines, Tina, and Mark...

they accompanied us to the first bar, and then to the second for dinner...

Izzy thought it was nice how they let the statue cover up.

I think it is possible during the day that I volunteered to head up a ETCP related content project for technical production, and also to do a PDW or theatre rigging. But maybe that was just a bad dream.

Also, I found that the shuttle stopped at 10, and that my number is not in Ms. Robbin's phone.

All in all more fun than should be allowed.

No comments: