Saturday, October 30, 2004

I had a dream

a dream about you: Baby.

(I swear, musical theatre has ruined quite a few English phrases for me. Every time I hear someone say "Don't push me" I hear a little dada-dat orchestra sting in my head.)

This morning I had a lovely dream. It was something about being fired from my job because I didn't like Martha Stuart. I was at the track (?) with some unknown friend - I think I may have been in the movie "Let it ride." We'd just moved from our crappy seats into some really nice box seats when my cell rings, except its not my current cell, its my old cell (this I believe has something to do with Marisa dropping her cell into the Allegheny) and the person on the other end says I really ought to get back to work because I am in real trouble. So we leave the races and I go to work, and I am in my bosses office when someone shows me what is supposed to be my cell, and on the screen it says "Martha Sucks." At this time I am informed that I will have to leave my job because Ms. Stuart simply won't stand for that sort of thing.

The phone they are showing me is this impossibly small thing that I have never seen before. So I tell them that its not my phone, that they should call me and they would see that it wouldn't ring, which they do, and it doesn't. Well, actually it does, but its my regular cell and its in my pocket. Then we pull the battery off the tiny phone and call the company to find out who the real Martha hater is - at which time I am restored to my job.

Too bizarre.

Sometimes sleeping through the day can be more entertaining than being awake. I just wish I could have that kind of sleep at night. I never seem to remember these bizarre things except when I am dozing during the day. Something to work on anyway.

No comments: