Friday, October 01, 2004

Just kill me now.

Last week the Cubs and the Giants were pretty much in a dead heat for the NL wildcard and the Astros were forgotten. The Cubs next two series were against sub .500 teams and the Giants were playing teams that were over .500. Today the Astros and the Giants are tied for the wildcard and the Cubs are at least 1 1/2 games back.

Somehow the Cubs managed to lose 5 out of 6 to the Mets and the Reds.

Finding a way to lose. It's a Chicago sports tradition.

At least I won't have to go through all that playoff stress I did last year - all for naught. You think I would have learned by now.

3 comments:

Peg said...

Wow, dude, I would have held off on that post until Sunday, or whenever the last Cubbies game is. Stranger things really have happened. Depending on how everyone else plays, the Cubbies have a shot, I truly believe that they do. If they're only 1 1/2 games back, they can make that up, especially if San Fran or the Houston Assholes trip over their own laces. It could happen. Don't bitch and moan just yet... it ain't over til the last out of the last inning of the last game. I don't believe you've been mathematically eliminated yet! What an exciting Wild Card race. What an exciting game. This is why baseball is the best sport.

Anonymous said...

GO 'STRO'S

WAHOO!!!!

steph

Peg said...

It's Sunday the 3rd as I write this... and NOW I can offer you my condolences on the Cubbies. Sincerely. Who can say why they just ran out of gas in the home stretch? That could have happened to anyone. (I'm going to earn another comment like "I'm not from Chicago," aren't I. Curse, shmurse, for crying out loud.)