Sunday, October 31, 2004

Three Days Left

I guess we ought to get in all the campaigning we can before we potentially have to load up the truck and move to Canada. Maybe Mexico would be better than Canada. I think my money would go farther in Mexico, open up a little shop, work in the parking lot. "Subino, build this." Could be nice.

Today I checked my messages and it turned out that Spike Lee had called, again. I guess since he had to leave a message the first time he thought he ought to give it another try. That makes two Spike Lees, a Bill Clinton, and a P. Diddy - oh and Marisa got another P. Diddy on her cell. Would it surprise anyone to find out that this type of direct telemarketing is exempt from the "do not call" list? I don't remember if that is true or not, but I wouldn't be even the least bit surprised.

I tell you one thing though, I would vote for George W. Bush if he would make it illegal to have a machine call you on the phone.

This had never happened to me until I lived in Las Vegas. That was the first time I started getting calls from recordings. It occurred to me then that the best way to make sure I absolutely would not buy your product or vote for your candidate was to have your machine call me. Which ought to suggest to you just how much I want Bush to lose, because even after all these annoying phone calls I am still going to vote Democratic.

Everyone ought to be clear on this point though: telephone calls are not a broadcast media. Someone actually has to answer the phone. Maybe they are in the shower or on the toilet or something or fumbling with their keys outside the door, or driving down the street. What with placards, bumper stickers, billboards, print, radio, TV, email, and people actually knocking on the door you would think that the marketers in this world could give the phones a rest.

Oh yeah, as long as I'm doing election stuff...

Hey "W" put on a tie already. You're the president of the United States. I'm certainly not going to worry about wearing jeans to teach class if this is the standard being set by the head of our government - and I shouldn't wear jeans. So clean up some, we all know you're a businessman - might as well dress the part. You're not fooling anyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like that you point out that Bush dresses inappropriately at his rallies. This is something that has bugged me about him for a long time. As far as which way to go, Mexico would be better from a freedom point of view; once you get south of the USA, there's not a lot of law enforcement going on if you stay out of people's way.