Friday, December 23, 2005

Ellipses...

Been so wrapped up with scanning and crits I haven't had much to say... 15 things about books, that will think some thinking... Speaking of thinking I am thinking Tuesday eve, Bar Louie, Evanston... The lemon cookies were the best, if you didn't get any you should complain... This semester I was really into the idea of faculty crits - I even know what my board would have looked like... I should never have allowed the sneakers in the shoe competition... Frontline the other night made me want to cut up all my credit cards, if you haven't seen it you should... I think we may finally be getting close to getting a wedding album completed... Nice to see our driveway again, a little thaw goes a long way... Three days of shopping were quite enough for me thank you... All week I wandered around muttering how cool it would be if they gave us our December check early, and then they did... I know the transport strike in NYC was a real pain for the people involved, but you can't help but be a little amused from back here in the cheap seats... You know, it is almost for certain now, my wife is the best wife ever... I wonder what happened at the office today... Thanks to the US Senate for doing what the Senate is supposed to do and gumming up the fast and loose legislation from the house... We get a new Mayor next week, think it will help? Me either... I am really liking my four wheel drive... All these people from DUQ are on their holiday bump, but I heard no Gina... I wanted to give more A's this semester - really I did... Have you noticed there is no Led Zeppelin on iTunes... The Critsmas cards were a real success, now I will have to come up with something for next year... I feel I can now wholeheartedly recommend the HP Scanjet 4850 - of course I think it has been discontinued... I am beginning to think I might not really need a cell phone... Looks like shoe voting will be open at least until Monday... I wish I had more substantive things to say... Gas prices have inspired us to rediscover our sweatshirts and sweaters... Congress instituted a tax credit for hybrids, its thinking too small though, they ought to pay for them outright for anyone trading in a car that gets less than 20mpg... Trouble with not running the heat is that the humidifier doesn't run either... I guess I should be doing a year end wrap up, or some kind of top ten, but it isn't coming to me... The trouble with these posts is you never really know where they end... Its possible this one ended some time ago... Given the choice between Monroeville, The Waterfront, McKnight, The Mills, or Robinson, I pick The Waterfront - some of the rest of that traffic is darn near criminal... Should they be doing one year later tsunami stories or covering the trouble right now in Pakistan??? If you were an absentee landlord of a property in New Orleans, would you rebuild it??? It appears that the questions have started. We thought we had one year to finish out our registry at Crate & Barrel, actually it was six months - times up!!! I have now received three independent, conflicting, and mutually exclusive notifications about the assessed value of our home, I am beginning to understand why so many people have been so grouchy about this since I returned to Pittsburgh... I haven't read a book in months, maybe I should do that over this break... Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care... Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows... If you asked me I would say this post is pretty far passed being done... Last week, we notched our first fantasy basketball win, I wish I knew how... I'm not sure it is possible to make everyone happy over the holiday... Ordering a steak at Eleven felt foolish, but it was a good steak... I should be packing... I wish the "brb" indicator on Trillian were more dependable. Even I can't tell if I am there or not... TV has really gone in the dumper the past week or so, at least the new SciFi stuff starts soon... At what point do you think writing simply becomes typing??? Someone should give an infinite number of monkeys a blog called "To Be Or Not To Be"... Several students recently commented that I occasionally just say the strangest things, and now I am wondering what those things were... How bad do you think things have to be before the gutters just fall off your house??? I discovered what's wrong with my sexy Ikea desk lamp: it is melting... If I'd known I was going to write this much I could have tried to think of 15 things about books...

No comments: