Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Scanning Continues

Here's the pic of the day...

Those of you who know me are probably assuming someone just came to my door and asked if they could borrow my stapler.

I assure you that isn't what happened, but it is truly intriguing how little things really do change over the years.

Doing a couple of pictures a day I should be through with this project just in time for my own kids to begin scanning the albums full of photos of their father sitting at his desk scanning pictures.

So far I've stuck with 200dpi, but I think I am making a mistake and should be scanning at least double that. 200dpi will make a serviceable print of the same size as the original, but if I ever want to do anything bigger I am going to wish I had started with more resolution. But then, that's more time, more data, ultimately more disks...

I'm sure whatever I decide to do will ultimately be wrong. That kind of project I'm afraid.

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

digitalisation of library resources carries the same anxieties. the whole scanning, then trashing tihe original and wishing you'd scanned at higher dpi - what is the answer???