Saturday, December 10, 2005

Squeaky Wheel

Did you notice the other day that the format of the page was screwed up? The ad banner at the bottom of the referrer thing had grown to full page width and was cocking up everything.

I was fairly irritated.

So much so that I clicked the banner, looked for a "contact us" thingy and complained:

"hey,

the adwindow on my referrers links just decided it wants to be full screen width - and its messing up my formatting something nasty.

Anything that can be done aside from dumping the whole applet?

Happening in firefox and in IE - although slightly differently.
Site address: [http://mydaddidntliketheurl.blogspot.com/]

db"


and do you know what happened? I actually got a message back, and in just an hour or two:

"Hi David ---

Sorry about that. The new scrolling ad has been hard to get right in all
layouts. I changed yours to a fixed-width that looks like it works for
your page.

Thanks for letting me know; if you see any other problems (or if it
still seems broken for any reason) please just drop me a note.

---S"


And presto, the page is fixed. So thank you Mr. Sean for being such a stand up person and helping keep my blog from looking stupid.

No comments: