Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Just Lost Four Teeth

Although my dad is the one that looks like he lost a fight yesterday, I'm the one that lost four teeth. Who would have thought I would have four teeth come out? I didn't even know they were gay.

For what has been more than a decade, various dentists have been telling me "well, there don't seem to be any problems with your wisdom teeth, but you should probably have them out anyway." I have to say that to me, sitting there in the office, when they say there is nothing wrong, but that you should still have the procedure all I can think is "I wonder if he is installing a pool" or something.

Anyway, at the last checkup the dentist made the unprecedently clear statement "Out! Out! Now!" Clearly she is in the wrong field. And so, at risk of losing my wisdom, I have had my wisdom teeth removed. Only time will tell I guess if I have become somewhat more naive.

I've got my vitamin I and prescription pain relief, and Mrs. TANBI bought ice cream and popsicles and I am taking lots of naps. But I think it will be nice to rejoin the world tomorrow.

And I want pizza! Who would think that would be my craving. Oh well, maybe this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always felt the same way. I've never gotten a good clinical reason why they have to come out. What was the breaking point for you? Were you getting headaches? I guess dentists have to make their nut too.

-d

Peg said...

A week late, but no less sincere... hope you're feeling better by now.