Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pack Rat

It is nice to be both somewhat tech savvy and a bit of a pack rat. It allows strange things like this to happen. Tonight, while trying to make space in a closet I found an old video tape. I grabbed a VCR we weren't using, some coax, and hooked it up to a free port on my video card (the one I bought so Civ wouldn't crash). Launched an app I hadn't been able to previously figure a use for and: PRESTO! more pics for the renewal binder...


In 1996 I did a set for ABC News. It was pretty cool. The tape was 3 hours of election coverage. Strangely enough, in three hours there are only a few distinct camera angles, so I could scan through the tape pretty quickly.

I was thrilled to discover the little camera on the video window was a capture feature. Sometimes these things come off like you almost plan them.




Brinkley looks bored. This is the night when at the end he went on about how boring Clinton was. Doesn't Anderson Cooper look young...


Looks like I have some more output to run (oh, and Dad, I found that tape I was looking for).

No comments: