Thursday, June 30, 2011

30

This makes thirty posts in thirty days. Gonna have to be a short one, still no tubes at home.

Did I learn anything from the process?

It's clear that blogging really takes a hit from Twitter and Facebook. There was a time when I would post links to articles I would find surfing. Now I see the items in my RSS feedreader, share them through a Google feed and they wind up on my Facebook page. This has the dual upshot of having all my Facebook friends hate me and I lose a bunch of posts. You can still see the items if you care, the feed is in the sidebar.

Apparently over the years I've also become a little less outspoken. I'm not sure when it happened but I can't seem to bring myself to put my opinion out there like I did years ago. Is it possible I suddenly care more about what people think? One would think with a democratic administration I'd be shouting even louder from the left. But instead I appear to have more and more frequently set down the megaphone.

Will July bring us 31 posts?

I do think there's something good to keeping the posts coming. There's also something less than about forcing it. I do think I'll try to keep it up. We'll see how it goes.

db


Sent from my mobile.

No comments: